* PLEASE NOTE, THESE SADDLES ARE MADE TO ORDER AND WILL TAKE 4 - 6 WEEKS TO BE COMPLETED.
The legendary Barcoo saddle and brand name has been purchased by James Saddlery from Syd Hill & Son. The registered trade mark number 1521289 is owned by James Saddlery.
Copies of this saddle are being marketed within Australia.
How to pick the fakes:
- The saddle is made in India and carries a variation of our registered Barcoo brand.
- It is sold for under $1000
- It is made of sub standard Indian leather
- It has a distinctive engraved brass plate in front of the kneepad.
THE ONLY GENUINE BARCOO DESIGNED AND MADE BY SYD HILL & SON IN THE 1950'S IS ONLY AVAILABLE FROM JAMES SADDLERY. THERE ARE NO AUTHORISED AGENTS OR OUTLETS IN ANY STATE FOR THIS SADDLE.
A way of knowing if it is our genuine Barcoo Poley is by looking for this stamp on it
Syd Hills have ceased to produce saddles under their previous format. Paul Hill intends to keep making certain saddles, which ones will be available are at this time, uncertain. James Saddlery has negotiated the purchase of the Barcoo range of saddles and those saddles will be available exclusively from us in the future. The Barcoo Poley has been in production for over half a century and was designed by legendary Australian saddle maker & designer, Jim Hill. This saddle now joins the iconic Santa & Colt made and designed by Trevor & Daniel James.
The Barcoo Poley Features:
- Fleece Lined
- Semi quarterhorse fit (quarter horse angle, but with a pommel clearance for a higher withered horse)
- Fibreglass tree
- 5 years warranty
- Facility for 2 point girth system
- Legal for all sporting bodies in Australia
The saddle shown below is custom made with extras. Navajo tooling, horns, quilted seat and fancy conchos are NOT standard. They come at an extra cost.